Wellbeing at Woodvale Secondary College
At Woodvale there is a strong and continuous focus on social and emotional wellbeing of our students. Every child is encouraged to find their personal best, give to their community and to develop into adults with strong, values-driven character.
The College has an established, positive, and supportive pastoral care focus which proactively builds on positive relationships and maximises resources in creating a very positive College culture through:
- Providing a values rich learning environment to create a culture that celebrates personal and academic excellence
- Developing clear processes and strategies to ensure safe learning environments
- Close monitoring of attendance, behaviour and performance and implementing action as a result of evidence (eg mentoring)
- Explicit teaching of positive emotions, engagement, relationships, meaning, accomplishment and health
- Balancing each student’s potential to achieve in all subjects and personal growth areas
- Focussing on character strengths, peer support, student leadership and student voice.
- Creating whole College approaches to global awareness in Asian Literacy, Environmental Responsibility and appreciation of our multi-cultural society
- Provision of parent workshops on positive psychology and positive parenting, with parent partnerships with the college encouraged and valued.